Our Management Philosophy
It is our philosophy that a company can only be as successful as its people. Leadership’s job is to provide the culture, support, information, and training for staff to do their best.
FORWARD-LOOKING and Performance-Oriented
Commerce believes it is crucial to plan for the future and regularly assess how we are performing.
- Everyone has a forward-looking development plan to build skills in their job. People receive regular coaching and training to reach their development goals.
- Properties have annual budgets and Community Managers earn bonuses for hitting income targets.
- We use key performance indicators to monitor property performance. Staff can earn bonuses for outstanding achievement.
We can always get better. We have built continuous improvement into our company through:
- Monthly management meetings that serve as training sessions and problem-solving workshops.
- Regular training in areas like Fair Housing, leadership and customer service.
- Information systems that highlight areas for improvement.
We try to make people’s responsibilities very clear.
- Senior management takes responsibility for strategy, growth, finance, management development and major capital projects.
- Community Managers run their properties’ daily operations.
- Line staff are responsible for their areas of expertise.
- All team members cultivate and promote our Values.