- Honor all commitments.
- Be honest and respectful.
- Take responsibility for your own actions.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and regulations.
Do it Right
- Work from clearly identified expectations and priorities.
- Demonstrate passion and initiative at work.
- Continuously improve skills and knowledge.
- Strive to achieve the highest standards of quality.
- Be open to feedback and new ways of doing things.
- Reach all-win agreements
- Work from agreed upon goals
- Demonstrate patience and humility
- Seek understanding by asking questions and listening
- Reduce cost and waste.
- Seek strong returns on time, energy, and money.
- Anticipate and adapt to the changing marketplace.
- Invest in essential people and business resources.
Why Danny is our 2020-2021 Annual Values Champion
When a resident felt they were being discriminated against during their application process, Danny looked into the situation and found that our screening company had incorrectly charged their security deposit. Danny informed them of the mistake and the continued to move forward with renting their apartment. Great job, Danny!
Chris took it upon himself to re-route the plumbing and rebuild cabinets in order to install a dishwasher for a resident who was displaced from their original apartment that had an insect problem. Way to go Chris!
Why Alicia is our 2022 Q1 Values Champions
While the Community Manager was out on leave, Alicia handled a lot of additional responsibilities to ensure that all tasks and processes were completed in addition to her normal duties.
How We Select & Reward Our Values Champions
Employees submit nominations for colleagues they see demonstrating our Values. The Values Committee reviews nominations quarterly and selects a Values Champion. The entire company recognizes that person at its next quarterly Values celebration by awarding a cash prize and etching the Champion’s name on our Values trophy.
Every July, the Values Committee selects an Annual Values Champion from among the four quarterly winners. We present this person with 100,000 points from the company’s credit card and etch their name on the trophy as that year’s Annual Champion.